Peacock & Binnington are one of the UK’s premier Agricultural Machinery Suppliers with market-leading brands from Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, JCB, Stihl, Hayter and so much more!
Goods Inwards Person
Job Type:Goods Inwards Person
Job Status:Full Time , Hourly Paid
Benefits:Staff discounts, 22 days holiday, clothing allowance
- To assist the Parts Manager in delivering the targets for the business by being responsible for receipting and ordering parts of goods in & out, the displays and retail area, and dealing with customers and supplier queries.
- To ensure the Parts Department’s administration is carried out correctly and on time
- To keep accurate records of receipts and despatches maintaining an impeccable audit trail
- To put the customer first through actions and results.
- Receive parts/garden machinery into stock from suppliers/depots
- Booking of the parts to customers and workshop jobs, telephoning customers on receipt of parts when booked on parts POS.
- Locating and labelling of existing and new parts in an accurate, clear and safe manner.
- To ensure the showroom (including displays and their contents) are being kept tidy and refreshed on an on-going basis to encourage customer browsing. This includes the correct pricing and display of all retail products and special offers, the display of the relevant posters, and ensuring the proper levels of cleanliness.
- Ensure that all incorrect/surplus parts ordered are returned with within the supplier returns window and the necessary online forms and paperwork also within these deadlines
- Ensure returns handling charges are kept to a minimum by providing detailed information to supplier (not defaulting to dealer error)
- Ensure returned parts are of an acceptable condition taking guidance from Parts Manager
- To make the Parts Manager aware of any discrepancies regarding stocking levels, mismatched order quantities, short shipments, part numbers, buying and selling prices, bin locations, etc.
- Ensure all damaged/missing parts are recorded and signed for as such with delivery couriers and reported immediately to suppliers.
- To ensure all receipt IDTs are cleared before end of the working day and discrepancies are reported to each relevant parts manager
- To ensure that all items supplied to customers are invoiced correctly and in a timely manner inc. virtual part numbers i.e. surcharges and carriage charges.
- To ensure electronic processes are used to their potential and databases are frequently updated to ensure accurate reporting
- Perform part number supersessions in line with manufacturer information mindful of local and international warehouses, reporting these to all depots
- Responsible for editing and clearing of aged parts in WIP on cash sale and customer collection shelf
- Meeting depots with IDT parts needed before the next depot delivery schedules
- Unloading of orders from delivery couriers using forklift where necessary and signing only for items received
- Communication with couriers to arrange timely collections of despatches/returns
- Responsible for daily ordering of parts requested by customers (VORs) and be involved in discussions with parts manager to ascertain if an immobilise VOR order is required
- Responsible for ordering of parts to maximise customer fill whilst considering stock turn, as to avoid VORs where possible (unless a customer request demands a VOR action)
- To ensure all physical stock checks are carried out as per the stock check standard
- To take personal responsibility to resolve issues and to pass any complaints customers may have about the Parts Department to the Parts Manager
- To take all opportunities to add value to sales and profit when in communication with customers by using sales techniques such as up-selling and related selling. This includes passing on relevant leads or information to the Service and/or Sales department.
- To participate in any seasonal late working/ overtime/ Saturday work as and when required. This will be on a rota basis shared with other staff.
- Starting at 7.30 am to ensure orders are available to engineers and customers.
- Ensure VOR is entered on JCB VOR’d items on JCB warranty jobs
- Ensure ordered parts are not received on at incorrect values resulting in incorrect reporting
- Maintain the T Card system in the service department
- To take responsibility for Health & Safety by dealing with issues immediately (i.e. lighting, poor stock positioning, leaks and other potential hazards) by reporting them immediately to the Parts Manager.
- Keep goods inwards department clean & tidy & secure at all times
- To increase product knowledge within the role and to highlight to the parts manager any required training needs to assist with the role.
- Ensure credit notes for returned parts are chased with suppliers in conjunction with the parts manager
- Any other duties as directed by Management and in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Parts Manager
Skills & Qualifications
- Computer skills (Office packages)
- Maths to GCSE level and experience in working with figures
- Experience in dealing/negotiating with customers: handling queries, selling, resolving issues
- Forklift License
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Flexible and pro-active
- Eye for detail
If you feel you have what it takes and can bring something value added to our team and wish to join a progressive forward thinking company with excellent future career development prospects then please download an application form here or apply online now.
Application Form Apply Online Below